Friday, February 23, 2018

Friday Inspiration - Winter Beading


After a nice, mild winter, our area of the Pacific Northwest has been hit with real winter!  The past couple of weeks have us looking like New England in January .... and the promised warm up hasn't materialized yet.  



I've been working on a knitted shawl for the Rose City Yarn Crawl and planned on starting some nice warm colored spring projects, however the other way to go is to just give in to the weather and admit it is actually still winter!  So I went in search of winter beading projects that can be finished in a day or so.

This Winter Blue Bracelet looks like something the Snow Queen would wear!  I can just see it with a white ceramic snowflake clasp. This is the type of bracelet I always want to make for Christmas, but never have the time - maybe now!  There's a good YouTube tutorial for it here on the Lefthand Beading Channel.


This next one looks a little more challenging, but oh so elegant!  The tutorial is in Russian with a lot of clear step-by-step photos.  The instructions are here.


And finally, I found a wonderful tutorial on a beading technique I've always wanted to learn but have never been able to figure out the instructions for.  Ann Benson has a YouTube tutorial on crocheted beaded ropes here.  


I've admired many necklaces made with this technique!  And once you've gotten it down, there are some gorgeous winter themed necklaces.  I found patterns, but was very confused on how to read them - and then found Wendy Gratz's great post on how to read bead crochet patterns. And after I get some beads ordered (and if it quits snowing every day so they can be delivered!) I think I'm going to give this pattern a try (found at https://vk.com/photo-95612786_379723885).


Happy Creating!  Deborah



1 comment:

  1. i'll be interested to see how you get on with bead crochet. It's not something I've tried yet

    ReplyDelete