Friday, May 8, 2015

Friday Inspiration - Doilies!

I've been having fantastic luck finding doilies on my weekly Goodwill runs - some I'm dyeing, but others are in such great shape I'm considering leaving them white and doing some repurposing.  I found lots and lots of ideas just Googling "repurposed doilies" and here are some of my favorites.

This great apron was available on madeitcom.au in the past.  It's backed with burlap, not one of my favorite fabrics, but a good muslin would also work.


I really like this doily table runner from Under the Sycamore.  I'm thinking of making one of these backed with muslin, also.


This quilt from Suziqu's Threadworks uses velvet as a backing for vintage doilies.  Gorgeous!  If one had inherited doilies, this idea would make a wonderful blanket for a new baby.


Smaller doilies work really well in Aimee Warburton's repurposed doily scarf.  And dyeing the doilies first would also look nice!


Finally, this vintage doily purse from Daphne Nicole and Linda Cade's blog is gorgeous!  And would be another good use for family heirloom doilies - maybe as a bride's purse?



What to do if you can't find doilies to repurpose?  There's nothing to say you can't make your own!  You can find tons of free vintage doily patterns on Free Vintage Crochet here.  These two are on my to-do list!


Happy Creating!  Deborah

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for these GREAT ideas! I've been wondering what to do with all of my Mother and Aunt's doilies.

    ReplyDelete